- Favorite quote“A problem is merely an opportunity you didn't think you wanted.” - Ron Bridges
- What attracted you to Slalom?The opportunity to be part of Slalom’s international growth as an early London hire, working on Slalom UK’s projects, helping to grow the business.
- How did you end up with a career in consulting?I have a background in systems integration, development architecture and web development. I love meeting and speaking with people, so consulting seems the ideal combination of my professional experience, what I love doing, and an ideal path for my professional career.
- What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever gotten?No-one is the best at everything - there are always smarter people than you - so know when to employ the right person for the right job. When working towards a common goal, there’s no room for big-headedness.
- What was your first job?Web developer for a Swiss Agri-business, working on a weather forecasting application for farmers and crop growers, advising them on when the best times to treat their crops would be, and what products to use based on weather patterns and pest activity.
- People would be surprised to hear that I worked as...A courier (or “white van man” as we say in the UK) delivering parcels when I was at college and university.
- I have lived/worked in the following cities:London and Basel.
- EducationI’ve a Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering from Staffordshire University.
- HobbiesWeekends are spent with my family, so the vast majority of my time (rightly so) focuses on them. Whenever I do get spare time, I’m into watching Formula 1 and experimenting with my internet-of-things ideas on my Arduino. I also manage a couple of open-source development projects on GitHub.