- Favorite quote“Those who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those who are doing it.”—Joel Arthur Barker
- What attracted you to Slalom?I was looking for a “real job” and a coworker from my past employer ask if I would be interested in helping out with a three month gig. I had never done consulting before, but decided to trust his instincts. He must have been right, since that was 10 years ago! The clients, the engagements and the consultants are all wonderful.
- ExperienceSpent 5 years auditing with Arthur Anderson in Los Angeles; then another 7 with Toyota’s No. Amer. HQ in Torrance, CA in Vehicle Accounting, Budget, and Internal Audit. After I moved to Seattle, I spent 4 years with Getty Images as their Budget Director before signing on to Slalom.
- ExpertiseMicrosoft. Microsoft! Microsoft!! Microsoft Excel and the entire Power BI Suite are my passion. As well as being a consultant who utilizes the Power BI suite in my engagements, I am both student and educator as well.
- EducationBS from University of Ne. at Omaha; CPA in CA (lapsed). Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert in Excel 2010.
- CharitiesJubilee Women’s Center; West Seattle Food Bank
- HobbiesWorking with my husband and his brother on Raney Brothers BBQ—our food truck—the best BBQ in Seatle!! (IMHO). Also, power boating around the Puget Sound in our 32’ Transpac Eagle: Raney Day Fun.