- Favorite quote“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is the noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and Third, by experience, which is the bitterest.” —Confucius
- Work styleI strive to be an accountable partner for our clients, someone they can trust to do the right thing for their business. I try to bring that philosophy to how I work with my colleagues, too, communicating in an open and honest fashion that builds trust
- What makes Slalom great?Our consultants, pure and simple. We have the most amazing group of people with an unbeatable range of talents, experience, and knowledge—combined with a culture that fosters personal relationships beyond the standard work week.
- ExperienceI spent ten years with EDS as a developer, database administrator, manager, and finally as an enterprise architect serving clients in the UK, Europe, and Africa. This gave me an opportunity that I still count as the most rewarding in my career: helping the post-apartheid South African government envision a way to distribute government services to the poorest, and previously unserved, parts of the population through technology. I then joined a small software startup specializing in software for the insurance industry. I held architecture, product development, and leadership roles in the company, ultimately becoming the chief technology officer for North America.
- HobbiesLiverpool FC soccer team, golf