- Favorite quote“Everything in life that is worth doing is worth overdoing.”
- What attracted you to Slalom?The people. Every single person from Slalom I have worked with has challenged me in a new way and gotten me better at what we do for clients.
- ExperienceWriting software professionally for 14 years, consulting for 8 years.
- What makes a great consultant?Flexibility, adaptability and a great attitude. Anyone can have a great attitude at times, but when things get challenging that’s when the combination of being adaptable and flexible are key.
- What’s your favorite part of your job?Being able to solve complex problems with clients.
- How did you end up with a career in consulting?I sort of fell into it after a large scale IT project go live when I was told no new projects were on the horizon. I wanted more large projects to work on.
- What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever gotten?Dress and act like your boss's boss.
- What was your first job?One of my first was building PC’s for friends before we moved away for college.
- People would be surprised to hear that I worked as...A traffic director and safety escort in college. White gloves, a whistle, the flashlight and everything!
- I have lived/worked in the following cities:All over southern California
- I speak the following languages:Decent Spanish. It gets much better after spending a long weekend in Baja with friends!
- EducationComputer Science degree from UC Irvine
- CharitiesMovember, American Heart Association, Wounded Warrior Foundation, American Cancer Society
- HobbiesNational Ski Patrol (volunteer), CrossFit, sailing, backpacking, craft beer