Practice Area Lead
Practice Area Lead
- What attracted you to Slalom?Definitely the culture. I wasn’t looking to leave my Big Four Consultancy but after viewing the Slalom website, I was really interested. I met with the leadership team along with peers in the US and knew this was going to be a great fit for me. Now that I’ve started, I’m certain I made the right decision!
- ExperienceI’ve had a great career so far. I’ve been lucky enough to work for some of the largest and most highly respected companies in the world. I’ve worked with clients all over the map; from the Arctic to the dessert in Mexico as well as the Middle East, Africa, Europe and Asia. This experience has provided me with a very well rounded and global perspective.
- What’s your favorite part of your job?In these early days for Slalom in Canada, I’m helping to shape the company and a big part of that is creating a fun, collaborative and trusting culture. I feel like I’m making an impact. I’m also working with a brilliant and funny team. I could go on….
- What was your first job?McDonalds. I still have my employee of the month plaque. “To the employee who demonstrates the best Quality, Service and Cleanliness”. That still makes me laugh.
- HobbiesMy young family comes first but I manage to fit as much sports in as I can (soccer, skiing, cycling especially). I’m a fan of Liverpool FC (YNWA). I also like doing home renovations and anything that involves power tools.
- My first impressions of Slalom?Two weeks into my career at Slalom, the team went for a nice dinner together. During the meal, I sat back and looked at the comradery and the genuine pleasure that everyone had together. It felt like a documentary was being filmed that would one day, perhaps ten years from now, would show how this massively successful company got its start in Canada. I’ve joined something significant, something with purpose and I’m excited to see what the future holds.