- Favorite Quote“….and I took the road less traveled, and that has made all the difference!” – Robert Frost
- What brought you to Slalom?Opportunity for growth. Ability to deepen my technical depth while learning how to apply that knowledge to more and more types of business problems.
- ExperienceI’ve been with Slalom for over 14 years. I’ve managed practices from Strategy and Business through technology. Specifically, I’ve been involved with starting and growing IM&A, Portals and Collaboration, Custom Development, Strategy and Operations, and eCommerce practices. Before Slalom I managed the Financial Planning and Analysis Systems for Amazon. Prior to that I was a Fixed Asset Accountant at Intel
- What makes a great consultant?Ability to bring hard skills that demonstrate competency with effective people skills that allow you to build trust with your clients. Focusing on business value for customer and not just building a great solution.
- What’s your favorite part of your job?I love the people I work with. I love being a champion for our culture and employee experiences here at Slalom. Mostly, I love working with clients to help them solve their hardest problems.
- How did you end up with a career in consulting?Knowing that I wanted to move beyond my Finance education and background, I saw consulting as an opportunity to grow my skills in new areas and new competencies.
- What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever gotten?Do the right thing. Always.
- What was your first job?Mowing lawns with my older brother when I was 10 y/o. It was the “family business”!
- People would be surprised to hear that I worked as:Short order cook at a Private Golf Course
De-tasseling Corn in the hot Iowan sun
Spent a summer labeling liquor bottles with refund stickers in a dark warehouse when I was 13.
- I have lived/worked in the following cities:Minneapolis, MN
Des Moines, IA
Iowa City, IA
- EducationBBA in Finance from University of Iowa
- CharitiesHomes of Hope, YWAM, Union Gospel Mission
- HobbiesGolf, paddle boarding, snowboarding, kayaking, wine tasting, playing with my two little awesome daughters