- Favorite quote“I’m a firm believer of luck, and I find the harder I work the more of it I have.” — Thomas Jefferson
- What attracted you to Slalom?Slalom allows anyone who is willing, regardless of role, the opportunity to lean in and make a positive contribution to Slalom and our clients.
- ExperienceIBM Global Business Services, Strategy and Transformation, Financial Services.
Slalom, Innovation and Insights
- What makes a great consultant?Consultants achieve results, develop meaningful relationships and possess exceptional client presence. You need 2 of the 3 to be a consultant, you need to master all 3 to be great. We are looking for candidates who have all three.
- What’s your favorite part of your job?That feeling you get when you are thrown into an opportunity where you’re uncertain if you can succeed…then you do!
- How did you end up with a career in consulting?I enjoy people, problem solving and diverse experiences. Consulting continues to afford me exposure to all three. Consulting is a journey; a rocky, challenging and fun journey.
- What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever gotten?People love to talk. You have two ears and one mouth. Learn the art of asking great questions, not giving the best answer.
- What was your first job?My best friend and I started mowing lawns and snow blowing driveways when we were 12. I have no idea why anyone hired us, but we worked hard and always showed up, which was half the battle.
- People would be surprised to hear that I worked as...I worked as a construction laborer during a college summer. I loved it. You could see your progress each day. You went home tired and met great people. It gave me an appreciation for physical work, project management and mentorship. My role provided limited long term career paths, and motivated me to study much harder when I returned to college.
- I have lived/worked in the following cities:Domestically: New York, DC, San Fran, Buffalo, Omaha, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Phoenix, Chicago
Internationally: Istanbul, Turkey; London, England; Delhi, India; Singapore, Singapore; Budapest, Hungary
- EducationEconomics, DePauw University in Greencastle, IN
- HobbiesPlay soccer, fish with dad, cook and dine with friends, and spend time with my family: Whitney, Johnny and our dog Spud.