- Favourite quote“We’re stuck with technology when what we really want is stuff that works”—Douglas Adams.
- What attracted you to Slalom?About 12 years ago I had a manager who told me the three most important characteristics you need to get on are 1) enthusiasm, 2) enthusiasm, 3) enthusiasm. I was overwhelmed by the enthusiasm and attitude of the people I met when interviewing with Slalom.
- ExperiencePrior to Slalom I held a number of Technology Architecture roles both in-house and for consultancies/system integrators. Most recently I worked for Tesco and before that I was at IBM in Melbourne.
- What makes a great consultant?I’ve seen consultants from both sides of the fence. A good consultant needs to understand their limitations, deliver on time, learn quickly, be adaptable and have empathy with his/her customer (the customer often knows more than the consultant).
- What was your first job?I had the longest paper round that allowed me to buy computer games. Looking back on it I can’t believe I read the Sunday Times now, it was a rascal to get through the letter box..!!
- People would be surprised to hear that I worked as...A fish monger
- I speak the following languages:I was fortunate enough to be brought up speaking Spanish and English at home. I also spent a ski season in Chamonix which helped finesse my GCSE French..!!
- EducationUniversity of Newcastle upon Tyne
- HobbiesI always played sport, I’m still addicted but as a spectator nowadays. I limit myself indulgences to rugby, football, tennis and cricket although I could watch anything and almost missed a flight once watching wood chopping. I do secretly enjoy the darts over Christmas too..!! I still enjoy skiing and I’m also trying to consistently go round a golf course in less than 100. My other passion is food and drink, I love cooking. Taking good quality produce and turning it into something greater than the sum of its parts still amazes me.