- Favorite quote“Some people see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say, why not?”—George Bernard Shaw
- What attracted you to Slalom?From the moment I first walked in the door from my interview, to this very day, I’ve always felt that Slalom goes out and finds the best and brightest people out there, puts them in a room together and allows them to do amazing things. It’s one of the reasons I smile so much.
- What makes a great consultant?Consultants are problem solvers. The best ones walk many miles in the shoes of their clients, learning their business, mixing it with their own expertise and become invaluable trusted partners to the best companies in the world. It’s not a job for people like this – it’s a passion.
- What’s your favorite part of your job?I love watching my clients succeed. You can see it in their eyes the moment they see something they’ve never seen before – I call it the ‘Christopher Columbus’ moment. Creating something they thought might be possible, but collaboration makes it a reality.
- People would be surprised to hear that I worked as...Campus minister in Puebla, Mexico – I was there for a year, but when I arrived I didn’t know any Spanish. Safe to say I picked up a couple things here and there!
- EducationI have a Bachelors and Masters of Science in Civil Engineering for Georgia Tech (Go Jackets!) and a Bachelors of Arts from Oglethorpe University (Go Petrels!)
- CharitiesAs a family, we’re big on an organization called Casa por Cristo – an organization that brings in groups to Latin America for a week and builds a house for a family in need. In 2006 my wife and I got engaged on a trip with Casas and in spring 2015, I went back and built another house – that’s where I am in the picture above!