- Favorite quote“Load the ship and set out. No one knows for certain whether the vessel will sink or reach the harbour. Cautious people say, ‘I’ll do nothing until I can be sure.’ Merchants know better. If you do nothing, you lose. Don’t be one of those who won’t risk the ocean.” – Rumi
- What attracted you to Slalom?The local consulting model and the growth potential at Slalom were both very enticing.
- ExperiencePrior to joining Slalom as a Delivery Leadership Consultant, I was leading technical initiatives at a diagnostic medical distribution company I co-founded. Before that, I consulted for Avanade where I focused on business intelligence, CRM, and custom application development projects.
- What makes a great consultant?Being innovative, analytical, and having the ability to draw on past industry experience needed to deliver results.
- What’s your favorite part of your job?The sense of self-actualization once a project is successfully completed.
- How did you end up with a career in consulting?I was recruited after graduating from the University of Washington.
- What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever gotten?Always go with your passion.
- What was your first job?Freelance web development work for doctor and dental offices in my locality. I picked up web development as a hobby, and refined my skills to a level where I was able to start charging for my services.
- People would be surprised to hear that I worked as...Cashier at a bistro. The cash registers were placed close to our line cooks, so I learned a thing or two about cooking a delicious meal.
- I have lived/worked in the following cities:Toronto, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Irvine, Dallas, Louisiana.
- I speak the following languages:English, Urdu, Hindi, and some Spanish. Being a native of Canada I also studied French for six years, but I have some brushing up to do.
- EducationUniversity of Washington – Computer Science
- HobbiesTraveling, cooking, eating fine foods, and spending time with family.