Client Service Lead
Client Service Lead
- Favorite quote“Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“If you want one thing too much it’s likely to be a disappointment. The healthy way is to learn to like the everyday things, like soft beds and buttermilk— and feisty gentlemen.” – Augustus McCrae, Lonesome Dove
- What attracted you to Slalom?Slalom kept coming to the top of best places to work, right when I was searching for the best place to work.
- ExperienceMicroStrategy (enterprise business intelligence software vendor) Professional Services Director; US Marine Corps.
- What makes a great consultant?Working hard and being capable are bare minimums for good consultants. Great consultants are not order-takers, they are leaders. They prescribe solutions that are always in the clients’ best interests, and they are influential enough to lead the client into taking action on them.
- What’s your favorite part of your job?Interacting with other really smart people at a firm that operates with a higher purpose and truly puts people first.
- What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever gotten?Respond, don’t react: learn to thoughtfully consider criticism and fight the urge to immediately defend yourself or your team.
- I speak the following languages:English and Spanish
- EducationTexas A&M University
- HobbiesTravel, Texas wine, live music, photography, adventure motorcycle touring, hunting with friends, Texas road trips, watching trash TV with the family.
- How has your military service/background prepared you for a career at Slalom?In addition to having a much different idea from most of a "bad day at work," I have learned to be a solid utility player and solve whatever problems present themselves.
- In which branch of the military did you serve, and what was your occupation?US Marine Corps 2001 - 2009, where I was primarily an 0311 Infantry Rifleman. I also had a secondary military occupational specialty (MOS) of 8152 Basic Security Guard and 8563 Marine Combat Instructor of Water Survival (MCIWS). I served with MCSFCo, 2nd Bn. 4th Marines, 31st MEU, and I MEF.