The future is hybrid, but still evolving
We know things are not going back to the way they were. Employees want more flexibility, and employers have started to embrace hybrid and remote working models. The best organizations are focusing on people—listening to what employees, customers, and partners want in the future of work to ensure an inclusive, equitable future.
As organizations commit to phased approaches for their hybrid models, most recognize the importance of gathering feedback and iterating as they continue to learn what works best for everyone. Nobody is expected to get this right the first time—but rapid action is imperative to maintain competitive advantage and retain top talent.
76% of knowledge workers want flexibility on where they work, 93% want flexibility on when they work, and 56% are open to new job opportunities that may provide more flexibility.
The hybrid spectrum
Very few organizations in the future of work will be fully on-site or fully remote, but the middle ground is complex and uncharted. It starts with a hypothesis.
Finding your path forward
Your strategic landscape is unique, and your hybrid model must balance the needs of your business, customers, and employees. How will you navigate the complexities between your landscape and your vision?
Start with your ETHOS:
- Engagement. How do we engage our employees, teams, and customers?
- Talent. What are our strategies for retaining and attracting top employees?
- Health. How will we ensure the safety and well-being of our employees?
- Operations. What are the processes that need to be reimagined?
- Systems. Which systems must change or be adopted?
How it works
Slalom supports organizations across the hybrid journey:
- Strategy alignment. Do you understand the needs and wants of your employees, customers, and business?
- Readiness assessment. Are you aligned on your desired future? Have you considered all the key dimensions, and are you prepared to execute?
- Intervention design. Where should you focus? Have you considered all the impact areas and prioritized based on your strategy?
- Adaptive adoption. Are you making progress toward your desired future? What are you learning, and where should you adjust?
Want to learn more?
Explore some of our latest hybrid work thought leadership.